Wednesday 13 April 2016

Video/Audio Editing (Transitions)



Video/Audio Editing (Transitions) 

In editing, I had to add in various forms and versions of transitions for both the audio and video sides of editing. I used these transitions in different ways also throughout the sequence. The first transition I used was one where Fred is on the phone, and it transitions to Fred sitting down drinking. I used this transition as a form of showing the lapse of time, suggesting that time has passed significantly during the sequence.  
The picture to the right shows how I used both audio and video transitions at the same point to smoothly transition the video and audio of both clips into each other, without it looking choppy or unprofessional.  The picture below also shows the other examples of where I used transitions at different points within the sequence. The last transitions were used where the clips would fade out first, but audio still plays on where a black screen is visible, then the audio fades out into the next audio clip as the next video clip transitions in.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment