Wednesday 13 April 2016

Cinematic Bars



Cinematic Bars


The addition of cinematic bars was something I thought about and included while in the editing process of my opening sequence. It came to me while watching a film in my own spare time, and I noticed that the cinematic bars give the viewer the impression that they’re t a cinema, getting a good cinematic experience. So I decided to add the bars in editing and had to crop each individual video clip in order to get the cinematic bars throughout the sequence. However, what I did to save time yet keep the same outcome was edit one video clip by adding the crop effect onto the clip, save the cropped dimensions as a pre-set, and then just apply each of the video clips with the pre-set.

I took off 10% off of the top and bottom of the video clips so that not too much is taken off of the clips, as what happens is 10% of the video clip is cut off from the bottom and top, and I believed that that 10% was the perfect amount to take off the clip and it makes the video look professional and well edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment