Friday 22 April 2016

EVALUATION QUESTION 5

HOW DID YOU ATTRACT/ADDRESS YOUR AUDIENCE?

We as a group attracted our audience through the non diegetic music and the use of vague, boring music which heightens at points where there is something major happening on the screen. This created narrative enigma for the audience as they are on the edge of their seats wondering what may happen when the music stops.
We chose the characters carefully to attract the audience. Freddie was chosen because he has experience in acting and was able to stick to the roles and not be side tracked or anything that may make his performance less reliable. I felt he was right for the role he was given and therefore attract the audience with his suspicious character.

To interact and ensure my thriller targeted what my audience wanted to see I did some secondary research to enforce my ideas. Once I evaluated my feedback, I found that young adults are the highest audience for thrillers, I  then acted on this by shaping my thriller to appeal to the young adult age group, therefore attracting my audience. This age range tended to enjoy jumpy, tense thrillers that had a build up of music to represent a story within the narrative, and this is what I strived to achieve in my final product.


No comments:

Post a Comment