Wednesday 13 April 2016

Free Sound Website (FreeSound)



For all the non-diegtic sound used within my thriller, I used the wbesite 'FreeSound' to find and download all the sounds I needed to add extra sound volume and smoothness in the way in which the video sounds throughout. Even though the sounds I use from the site are already audible in the actual shots audio I have already made, the sounds blend in too much and get lost with the other sounds being made in these cshots, making them not sound as clear. The added sounds also had extra volume at points for certain actions, to emphasise the sound being generated to the audience.

I was able to gain access to a wide rnge of different and unique sounds on the website by simply searching exactly what the sound is I was, for example by searching for 'key jingle' results of sounds of keys jingling came up straight away. This iste is great for finding specific sounds while editing, as there are so many sounds available for editors who need sounds rnaging from ploice sirens, to someone walking acros a corridoor.
The website link is; https://www.freesound.org/ and I would suggest this site and use this site again as it's vey useful and helpful when editing sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment