Friday 22 April 2016

EVALUATION QUESTION 7

Looking back at your preliminary task what do you feel you have learnt from the progression from it to the final product?

When looking back at seeing how my preliminary task went and how I've improved since my time joining the course for the first time in year 12, I believe that I have improved significantly as my knowledge and overall use of the software and technical equipment has greatly increased during my time using the equipment and software, as using them regularly has helped me learn and understand how to use the equipment and software efficiently and in a professional manner.

The preliminary task did help me learn the basics of producing camera shots and being able to have a basic understanding on how to use premiere pro and the camera equipment effectively. As I had no previous experience however with any of the software or the equipment, and this put me at a disadvantage as others in my class and my group had previous work involving cameras and premiere pro.
The overall quality in my preliminary is poor compared to my final piece, however this is expected as I had never used any software or equipment before joining the media course at AS. The shots used at times are not needed, the focus on some shots is off and overall, the quality there is just lacking. The preliminary lacks any professional touch or quality to it as I was lacking the skill to understand what I needed to do to create a high quality piece. So when it came to producing my final project, I took note of all the criticisms and moments where quality lacked, and aimed to learn where and how to improve them and to make my final project a far more thorough and well polished video

What I had learnt from my preliminary and took into my actual AS project was how to do the basics of creating camera shots from various angle and how to do the basics, but also the important bits of editing and altering images in premiere pro. My preliminary had next to no moments of tension or creation of suspense. So I decided to alter the way in which I generate tension for my AS thriller, and added music and more sounds in editing in order to have more volume and sound involved in the video, so that it isn't a plain video with just a simple backing bit of music and only diegetic sounds coming form the actual video clips themselves. I learnt that by adding more sound depth into my video will increase the ambiguity overall in the sequence by having both diegetic and non-diegetic sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment