Friday 22 April 2016

EVALUATION QUESTION 4

WHO WOULD BE THE AUDIENCE FOR YOUR MEDIA PRODUCT?

Generally, thrillers appeal to both men and women, typically those who enjoy the thriller genre. 
Many thrillers are not suitable for younger ages and are not viewed by this particular audience as the narrative contains explicit content unsuitable for viewers under the age of 13. My thriller would also not appeal to ages over 40 as it is not a high end product and has limited resources and facilities. This limits my target audience to the middle age range, most specifically targeted at 18-29 year old's as I believe that this is the age range that would watch my thriller. 
I think my thriller targets more of a niche audience than a wide one. This is because my thriller has not got the huge qualities needed to become a worldwide selling film.
Many thrillers will have age restrictions to stop people underage watching the film, this could be for any reason such as it holds psychological aspects unsuitable for young viewers, crime aspects, and graphic content. I think my thriller warrants an 12 as it does not include any graphic content other than the audible sound in the background, there is nothing within my thriller that would need a higher age restriction to be permitted.
People that are captivated and drawn in by the narrative enigma that is apparent at the start of my thriller are the perfect target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment