Thursday 14 April 2016

Sound Editing



Sound

When it came to adding sound for practical use such as walking or opening doors, I used a website called ‘soundfree’ which allows people to go onto the site and download copyright free, and free sounds for free use. This website was extremely useful for finding non diegetic sounds for the video as I can simply type in what sound I like and it’ll come up in the search. By adding in these extra sounds, it makes the video seem more well done, more clear and generally more professional with a wide range of sounds being added to be more clear in editing.                                       
The image to the right shows just a few examples of some practical sounds being added into the video in editing.

I also added in music with my video while in editing, I wanted to choose music which wasn’t scary, but more of a low and vague sound which was ambiguous and generates some sort of unawareness and tension for the viewer. I had to constantly alter and play with the volume control in editing,  so that when someone is talking or non-diegetic sounds are being made, the music is lowered down, so that the volume of other areas of the video can be audible and turned up. I believe in the end I was able to keep a constant volume level throughout the video, where it was never too loud or quiet, or where sounds were being played over each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment